FRIDAY we’re back in College Station at O’Bannon’s Taphouse. 10 PM start and #NoNayNEVERaCover
SATURDAY we return to the brand new Cork & Barrel in Round Rock. 6 PMâ€“9 PMâ€¦ don’t be late!
Chris Buckley will be joining us on fiddle for both shows. Looking forward to seeing all our old friends this weekend!
This week on SlapperCast, we reveal the title of our forthcoming album, talk about the unusual narrator of the audio book version of Tony Iommi’s autobiography, recap our recent gigs at the Continental Club Houston and Cork & Barrel in Round Rock, and pay respects to our dearly departed friend, David Carr.
A brief but fun episode where we talk about what we’ve been up to, what we’re listening to, and what’s coming down the pike.
Releasing this episode early for all our Texas friends stuck home today during the big freeze. Stay warm and safe everyone!
This week on Slappercast, we talk about best/worst live bands, opening songs, encores, etc.
We’re also giving away a case of Blackwater Draw Brewing Co.’s “I Wity the Fool” to one lucky winner in the Houston area. To enter the drawing, go watch this episode on YouTube, subscribe, and leave a comment there telling us about your favorite (or least favorite) live band, opening, encore, etc. BY TUESDAY OCTOBER 13. Recipient must be of legal drinking age in Texas.
- Poorly recalled music memories of 1987
- Eric’s memories of Extreme opening for Aerosmith at the Orpheum in Boston
- Patrick’s memories of seeing Aerosmith in Miami
- Great opening songs (The Police, Van Halen, Iron Maiden, Cheap Trick, Queen, David Bowie, Crowded House, Dio, etc.)
- Great live bands with mediocre studio albums
- Disappointing encores
- Great encores
- Live shows ruined by bad sound
- Best/worst opening bands