This week on SlapperCast, after a brief conversation about David Lee Roth’s new podcast, Patrick and Chad talk about their experiences in the recording studio, sing the praises of great sound engineers, and also share a few pointers for fledgling musicians of all ages.
References for this episode
- The Roth Show â€” David Lee Roth’s new podcast
- RBI Recording â€” where Standards and “Kerfuffleful” were recorded
- Beebe Gunn Studio â€” where our new record is currently being recorded
- Four Eyes Studio â€” Beaumont, TX
- Tascam Portastudio 424 â€” the 4-track cassette recorder that Chad used in his early days
- Stuart Copeland interviewed in the studio â€” Jools Holland, 1981
- Shotgun Road / Diamond Jack â€” Two Houston-area bands featuring our friend Kent Newman on guitar
- McAloon Drums â€” Drum Lessons by our very own Mike McAloon
Join us in IRELAND this Fall
- Ireland 2019 – Are you in?
- Ireland tour pricing and itinerary (PDF)
- Sign up for the Ireland tour online
Become a Patron
- Join Blaggards on Patreon for bonus podcast content, live tracks, rough mixes, and other exclusives.
If you have questions for a future Q&A episode,