In this week’s episode of SlapperCast, Patrick and Chad tell the story of how the band’s instrumental tune “Kerfuffleful” was written and recorded for the movie How To Be Single, how “Drunken Sailor” and “Big Strong Man” came to be featured on an episode of the CBS series The Good Wife, and how “Big Strong Man” was used in the British film The Kid. We also take a look at how podcasting and internet radio has helped us get our music out there throughout the years.
References for this episode
- Kerfuffleful, our new single. (Listen on Apple Music)
- Beebe Gunn Studio, where our new record is currently being recorded.
- The Good Wife – Season 4, Episode 14 “Death of a Client”, featuring “Drunken Sailor” and “Big Strong Man” (Watch on iTunes).
- The Kid, British film directed by Nick Moran, featuring “Big Strong Man” (Watch on iTunes UK)
- My Bloody Valentine (Listen on Apple Music)
- AMS Records
- 59 North
- Irish Aires on KPFT
- Paddy Rock Radio
- Celtic Punkcast
- Shite N’ Onions
- Black 47 (Listen on Apple Music)
- Larry Kirwan’s Celtic Invasion (Listen on Apple Music)
- Rocky Sullivan’s
- The Inn and the Saloon – Long Beach, NY
- Beach Bagel – Long Beach, NY
- Finn’s Fury (Listen on Apple Music)
- Nassau County Firefighter’s Pipes and Drums Band
Ireland Tour Info
- Join us in Ireland this Fall!
- Ireland tour pricing and itinerary (PDF)
- Sign up for the Ireland tour online
Become a Patron
- Join Blaggards on Patreon for bonus podcast content, live tracks, rough mixes, and other exclusives.
- Rate and review SlapperCast on iTunes (It really helps us out)
If you have questions for a future Q&A episode,